Applications invited for a postdoctoral fellowship
Application deadline: June 28, 2013
Applications are invited for one postdoctoral fellowship in a research project on “The Eurozone Crisis and the Politicization of European Integration”, directed by Professor Achim Hurrelmann. The project will analyze the implications of the Eurozone crisis for democratic politics in the European Union by examining political discourses in national parliaments, the news media, and focus groups in four member states (Germany, Austria, Ireland, and Spain).
Under the supervision of the project director, the postdoctoral fellow will primarily be responsible for research on the cases of Spain and Ireland. He/she will also play a leading role in preparing some of the conference presentations and publications emerging from the project. In addition, he/she will have access to project data for independent research activities.
Eligibility: PhD (or equivalent doctoral degree) in Political Science or a related discipline. The PhD must have been completed after September 1, 2011. Applications from scholars who will complete their degree by February 28, 2014 are eligible.
Period of appointment: September 1, 2013 to August 31, 2015.
Compensation: $40,000 per annum. The fellow will be provided with office space and will have access to limited project funds for conference participation.
- Dissertation and/or research experience in the field of European Union politics;
- Familiarity with academic debates about the politicization and/or legitimation of European integration;
- Experience with methods of media and discourse analysis;
- Record of academic publications;
- Expert knowledge of Spanish required; knowledge of German an asset.
The following materials should be submitted:
- CV and list of publications;
- English language writing sample (published article/chapter or manuscript);
- Transcripts of degrees and other relevant documents;
- Two letters of reference, in a sealed envelope or sent directly by the referees.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Please send your application per mail or email to the following address:
Department of Political Science
1125 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa, ON K1S 5B6 Canada