The monthly meetings of The Fresh Thinking Series will be on the following dates. All meetings will begin at 12:00pm in the Senate Room (608 Robertson Hall). Feel free to bring your own lunch. Coffee, tea and snacks are always provided.
- May 28, 2013 (One-year anniversary celebration!) – new location (2017 Dunton Tower)
- April 30, 2013 (Panel Discussion – Best Practices in Supervising and Developing Student Staff/Leaders)
- March 26, 2013 (Guest Speaker – Lighten Up, Link Up: Tips and Icebreakers to Engage Your Audience)
- February 26, 2013 (Guest Speaker – Insight for Difficult Conversations)
- January 29, 2013 (Guest Speaker – DIY Benchmarking)
- November 27, 2012 (Guest Speaker – Crafting Effective Communications)
- October 30, 2012 (Guest Speaker – Departmental Orientation for New Staff)
- September 25, 2012 (Guest Speaker – Coaching and Mentoring)
- August 28, 2012 (Guest Speaker – Getting Started with Social Media)
- July 31, 2012 (Guest Speaker – Leadership Competencies at Carleton)
- June 26, 2012 (Guest Speaker – Low-cost Tools for the Office)
- May 29, 2012 (Guest Speaker – The Benefits of Interoffice Engagement)
Although we look for feedback on the content of these meetings, a typical agenda will be as follows:
Guest Speaker (12:00 – 12:30pm)
Each month a guest speaker from the community will be invited to speak on a topic of interest. This could be something practical, theoretical, specific, or general interest. If you have a topic that may be of interest to the group or know an external speaker that would be willing to share their time, submit your ideas to email@example.com. There will always be time allotted for questions and discussion.
Discussion (12:30 – 12:50pm)
The discussion component of the agenda will allow members to share interact with each other in a variety of methods. Past discussions included sharing challenges, brainstorming ideas, and discussing videos clips. Ideas for the discussion component can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion on the agenda.
News and Events (12:50 – 1:00pm)
A member of the Office of Quality Initiatives will share any news or events that the community would be interested in and get feedback from the community about the format and content of the monthly meetings.
Social Mixer (1:00 – 1:30pm)
The final 30 minutes of each meeting will be open for a social mixer should you wish to stay and chat one-on-one with other community members. Snacks and coffee/tea will be provided for this purpose.