The School of Journalism & Communication is priviledged to have a Resource Centre to house program specific materials and archives. This Centre has been in operation for more than 30 years. It provides students, faculty, staff and researchers with a collegial environment in which to browse, study, collaborate, research or just relax. Established in 1979 as the St. Patrick’s Resource Centre, its name was formally changed in October 2000 to the Reader’s Digest Resource Centre. The Centre was relocated to the new River Building in 2012.
The Reader’s Digest Resource Centre maintains resources particular to the program including:
- Daily Newspapers with 12 month rolling archive
- Current Periodicals with back issues (time frame varies by publication)
- Book Collection (Current & Classic)
- Journalism & Communication Theses
- Master’s & Honour’s Research Projects
- Samples of Community Newspapers from Across the Country
- Media Directories
- Reference Texts
- Current Course Reserves
Some of the special collections include published works by Faculty of the School of Journalism & Communication, The Dunton Memorial Communications Research Collection (History of the CBC) and The McBride Commission Papers (Commission of the New Information Order).