Do you like working with people?
Are you concerned about social problems and committed to social justice?
Are you action-oriented and interested in politics and policy?
If so, you should consider social work as your program of choice.
The study of social work can open the door to a dynamic and rewarding profession with a broad range of interesting employment opportunities.
The Carleton University School of Social Work plays a leading role in social work education in Canada. It offers professional degrees at both the undergraduate and graduate levels and is committed to building on the long history of our profession.
We continue to develop new courses and initiatives to reach out to diverse communities and to ensure the relevance and timeliness of the materials you study.
The Capital Advantage
There are many advantages that come with Carleton University’s location in the nation’s capital. As a large urban centre, Ottawa provides many interesting possibilities for field work in diverse settings. Our students have had placements in a variety of organizations including:
- Hospitals and Palliative Care
- Community Health Centres
- Adult Care Facilities
- Women’s Health and Crisis Centres
- Mental Health Services
- Disability Programs and Services
- Family and Children’s Programs and Services including Child Protection
- Immigrant and Settlement Services
- Housing and Homelessness
- Probation, Parole and Prison Services
- Federal Government Departments
- Offices of Federal Members of Parliament
- National Non-Government Organizations (NGOs)
- Social Policy Think Tanks
- National and Local Labour Organizations and Unions