The Centre for Initiatives in Education (CIE) hires student ambassadors to talk to prospective students, teachers and community members about the Enriched Support Program (ESP) and Indigenous Enriched Support Program (IESP).
Below you will find information about:
Deadline: Hiring for spring 2020 is now open. Application deadline: March 30, 2020
||Student Ambassadors are former ESP/IESP students who will attend recruitment events and visit local high schools and/or community groups, representing ESP/IESP. Student Ambassadors will conduct presentations on the program and share their experience of the transition to university level study. Student Ambassadors will answer questions about the program and be a resource to guidance counsellors, community partners and prospective students.
- Attending training.
- Presenting to large and small groups of prospective students and/or guidance counsellors and community partners.
- Calling schools to propose and schedule visits.
- Arriving for visits on time and prepared to present, with all materials.
- Taking part in on-going training and strategy meetings.
- Keeping records of visits and providing feedback on school and community visits.
- Meeting regularly (in person or by phone/email) and maintaining effective communication with the Student Ambassador Coordinator.
- Good academic standing.
- Enrolled as a full-time student at Carleton University.
- Able to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Interested in developing leadership skills.
- Community involvement through volunteer experience.
- Presentation experience an asset.
- Must be a former ESP/IESP student.
- Experience as an ESP/IESP Mentor or Facilitator, an asset.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Ability to handle confidential material.
- Dates: Approx. April 27 to June 10
- Estimated 10-20 hours/week for 6 to 7 weeks
||$17.00/hour, including time spent in training.
How to apply
- Carefully read the information above for details on qualifications, availability, and dates/hours.
- Prepare your Resume.
- Apply online by clicking below.